I am part of the Australian Girls Choir. Being part of a team that amazing is more than I could've ever asked for. fullstop.
We were asked to sing at the Adelaide Cup today; the national anthem (of course), and a song of our choice, which ended up being My Island Home, part of our standard rep. No stress.
Before we go on 'stage', our manager comes around and tells us that we're singing My Island Home then exiting and heading back up later for Advance Australia Fair. Yeaaah, I think, that's easy. We'll all look really professional.
By the time the end of the song comes around, we all stand there smiling so widely our cheeks hurt. Then the girls next to me start moving to the side and towards the front. And I just stand there stupidly, thinking:
'Why are they going out the front?'
'Maybe they have a special dance part?'
'But I don't remember our manager talking about that...'
Like a slap across the face, I remembered the whole coming-off-stage-after-the-first-song. Humiliation overload. I will never ever be that embarrassed again. It was terrible!
D: D: D:
I believe in pink.
-
I believe in pink
I believe laughing is the best calorie burner
I believe in kissing, Kissing alot.
I believe in staying strong when everything seems to be g...
No comments:
Post a Comment