Saturday, March 13

morning, midday, afternoon

I kept hearing her screaming in my head. Pressing my hands against my ears didn't get rid of it. Pulling my hair didn't get rid of it. Drowning it out by screaming didn't work; a strangled noise just came out and I ended up choking on my own tears.
The terror of her mental state of mind tensed up my muscles.
The horror of what I had left him with was too much to bear.
The look in it's eyes turned me inside out.
I didn't care who saw me now.

We drove through the streets, sometimes the same ones. Right turn onto a main road...left turn at a roundabout...take the next left...take the 4th left, this one being the first. But it felt almost effortless.
'Assessment completed.'

'I never check ID, I probably should though aye!' Haha. Champion girl. Shiny hair. Easy to talk to. That's probably a good skill to have because of what she was about to jab through my lip. I trusted her. Sinking my head into the pillow, I relaxed and let her do her job.
'Ow.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online