I can't sleep. It's 12:49, and i can't sleep.
How many more of you are out there at the moment? Any more comfort-eating, sleep-deprived freaks like me? Jesus, I hope so. It'd be pretty bad if I was the only one.
The other night, marge and fargie were at a friend's place for drinks. As I pulled up the driveway to pick them up and drive home again, I was drawn out of the car by sheer amazement. Their house was HUGE! I ended up talking to the master of the household. He was telling me about conforming and not conforming. That if you were a non-conformist, you were actually conforming to be a non-conformist, and were therefore hypocrytical. Confusing? Trying listening to that concept in slurred english.
As I was being lectured on how you can never beat life, I thought of two friends in particular, who were a bit more 'out-there' than I was. One is the type those hollywood people write movies about; beautiful, daggy, individual but not independent, inspirational, the ultimate drama-queen. The other is more quirky, unusual, definitely independent and definitely beautiful. And of course, they both have brilliant wardrobes.
But what is it about these people that make them how they are? I don't understand how you can try to be different from the majority, only to be like someone else.
When you were little, did you parents ever say 'you can be anyone you want to be'? Yeaah? What about this one:
'Just be yourself'
Those 2 parental statements will confuse me for all eternity.
So who are the hypocritical ones really? Who are the ones who are forcing these thoughts into our mind, telling us what's right and wrong?
Maybe I don't want life to be so black and white. Maybe I want the greys too. You know, everything in between.
Maybe I don't want people lecturing me on why I'm a hypocrite when they haven't even taken a look at themselves.
Maybe I want to be inspired by those 2 beautiful girls without being told anything. At all.
I believe in pink.
-
I believe in pink
I believe laughing is the best calorie burner
I believe in kissing, Kissing alot.
I believe in staying strong when everything seems to be g...
No comments:
Post a Comment