Mothers might as well be superheros. They manage to put up with everything and never break down, screaming like a little kid in a supermarket. I can almost hear it now: 'It's too hard! I don't wanna do it anymore!'
The netball injuries.
The cooking/cleaning. (Yes, that comes under one category)
The adolescent years.
The backchat.
The household issues.
The school fistfights.
The husband! Or the single-mum status!
The emotional rollercoaster.
On top of all that, they still worry about you, where you're going, who you're meeting, if you're safe. They still don't give two shits if you screw up their sleeping patterns over your own stupid nightmares. They still make your lunch for you every day. They still whip checklists off the top of their head of things you're forgetting. They still think you're the best kid in the world!
If that doesn't class as superhero, I don't know what does.

No comments:
Post a Comment