The bus dropped us back at school, dispirited and chilled to the bone. While some students were lucky enough to get rides home, I had to walk, carrying my two extremely heavy bags while it poured with rain. I felt like collapsing.
I stumbled through the front door, drenched from head to toe, dropped my bags heavily at my feet, and ran for the shower.
Later on, I gave in to the welcoming warmth of the heater. I complained to Moet for a while, and then did something completely out of character. I fell asleep.
Please let me explain that 'nanna naps' do not consume my daylight hours, and never have. I can't even fall asleep in the car/on a plane! So I was shocked when Mum was nudging me awake and offering subway for dinner.
I've been moody since I woke up. I feel like death.
I remember why 'nanna naps' don't consume my daylight hours. Because of this feeling.
Fuck this.
Just get me to bed, where I can be happy and warm in my dreams.
'What's been going on in your life?'
Such an innocent comment. But how the hell do you even begin to explain something as complex as life? How do people do it?!

No comments:
Post a Comment