I watched the clouds float by as it rained this morning. They were moving so fast. Why is everything moving so fast these days? Why does only rain fall from them? They were so white and fluffy last time I checked. Why can't wishing stars fall instead? Why do things always get worse before they get better?
Don't you dare tell me 'that's life' or 'that's just how it is'. Because I've heard that excuse before. There has to be something more. Please just pull the wool off my eyes and tell me it's another Santa-based scam. It's all fake, right? There's another meaning to life?
Where have all my answers gone?
The Cassette Kids.
They came to our school today.
Talking to them about their lifestyle after their concert was soooo gooooood. It put me in the best mood for ages afterwards!
Sitting on chairs with my knees facing different directions makes me feel good.
Kissing Moet's forehead makes me feel lucky.
Running around the empty house singing Glee songs at the top of my voice makes me feel fucking fantastic.
Entertaining the idea of a different career option makes me feel insanely curious about life in general. Is that what I'm doing?
These are all the good things that aren't actually new to me. I just never looked at them properly before.
I usually appreciate the little things, like a beautiful hand-written letter from a mate or the sun on my back, but I am the #1 sinner of taking the bigger things for granted, like having a home, and a loving family. I wonder why I do that...
I am also the new 'mum' in our house this week, because she's away in Canberra for work. Dishes, ironing, cooking and cleaning. It's actually so hard, I'm getting worn-out already. How does Mum manage to do it all?!
AAANNND I got a new book to write in from our Cassette Kids session today. YAY!

No comments:
Post a Comment